HEINEN, A FAMILY SUCCESS STORY
Our history and innovations
- 1947: The company was founded by Rodolphe Heinen as a company producing decorative iron work
- 1967: Following the fire at the Innovation department store, Belgium adopted very strict fire protection regulations
- 1973: The world’s first, fully insulated metal fire-resisting door was developed according to these new regulations by Hans-Dieter Heinen, a physicist at the University of Liège in Belgium
- 1976: PARAFLAM, fire-resistant draughtproofing system
- 1982: Vandal-proof doors were developed
- 1985: An intumescent product was developed for fire-resisting doors
- 1989: Heinen was awarded the Grand Prix de l’Innovation Technologique (prize for technological innovation) for the Walloon Region
- 1996: Acoustic doors were developed
- 1996: 5 types of protection combined in a single door
- 1996: 15-year warranty
- 1997: HEINEN is completely ISO 9001 certified
- 1997: Benor aTg label was awarded for the entire range of Heinen doors
- 1998: Welding-based assembly system was developed
- 1999: Blast-proof doors were developed
- 2004: H-Config, needs analysis software was developed
- 2005: Production system shifted to robot automation
- 2010-2012: Fire-resistance testing campaign developed, based on EN norm 1634-1 for 30 and 60 minutes (EI1 and EI2)
- 2013: Heinen becomes part of the EuroDV SA group
- 2013-2014 : new developpment of burglar resistant doors, based on EN norms 1627-1630 (classes 3,4 and 5)
- 2014 : Smoketightness testing based on EN 1634-3 (Sa, Sm)
- 2014-2015 : New range of long duration fire doors following EN 1634-1 : EI1 120, EI2 120, EI2 180, EW 180.
Our wealth of experience
- 1990: Heinen doors withstood molten iron at a temperature of 1200°C (Cockerill).
- 1991: Following a fire in a retirement home, the fire was contained and all the residents evacuated without any injuries.
- 2007: NMC Raeren: the site was completely destroyed by fire, apart from the storage areas protected by Heinen doors.
- 2007: Heinen doors withstood a ram-raider attacking a large retail chain store.
- Many other examples are available on request.
- Operates in more than 25 countries.
- Operates in every sector – industrial, commercial, administrative, public, infrastructure, military and residential.
- Involved with every kind of application for compartmentalisation, especially where safety is a strategic aspect.
- Most companies currently operating (from SMEs to multinationals) are customers of Heinen.