Metal + Inside Technology
All sliding doors from Heinen are constructed on the same basis and have the same type of profile.
This basic door is called the Metal+ door and already comes with certain performance features.
This is what we call Metal+ Inside technology.
- Exceptional manoeuvrability
- Operational security and reliability
- Airtightness and smoke tightness
- Long service life
- Completely unrestricted travel (without any rail on the ground), even with long dimensions
- Option of glazed units
- Bespoke security (access control, burglary resistance, bullet-proof protection, fire resistance etc.)
- Easy maintenance
- Minimum cost of usage
- High level of finish
Basic performance features
Frequency of use: f6 (200,000 cycles)
Tightness: Higher level of airtightness and smoke tightness than with conventional sliding doors
Security and quietness: Closure guaranteed by an original braking mechanism with a damper
Optional performance features
On top of the basic performance features offered by the Metal+ door, you can add several features which can all be combined!
This means that you can have, for instance, a door which provides fire resistance, burglary resistance and acoustic insulation.
- Purpose-made; maximum height H=6000 mm
- In the case of large dimensions, the leaf is divided into modules which can be easily detached, with maximum dimensions of L=1460 mm x H=6000 mm
- Weight: 45 kg/m²
We have developed specification clauses covering both the basic performance features of the Metal+ door and the additional performance features, depending on your application requirements. These specification clauses are based on the following three pillars:
- Guaranteeing the door’s long-term use
- Providing genuine, effective security over time
- Guaranteeing a financial return and the lowest cost of usage over a minimum of 15 years
- Finish with a transparent primer, ensuring that any subsequent finish will have perfect adhesion
- Fixed ergonomic aluminium handle on each side of the leaf
- Double doors and door leaves comprising several modules have additional flexible uprights, fitted with sealing lips and attached invisibly
- Fire-resisting doors are fitted with an automatic, adjustable closing system, operating at a constant speed
- Attractive rail cover made of 15/10 hot-galvanised steel plate
- Cover for the doorframe posts in the form of a housing in 15/10 steel plate to match the door set
- Hook lock activated either by a handle or Europrofile cylinder
- Fire-resisting doors: magnetic door holder connected to the fire detection system
- Motorised operation
- Indicators via remote surveillance: position of door leaf, state of leaf’s surface
- Access control: using either 600 kg electromagnets or an automatic lock or a 2- or 3-point closing mechanism
- Glazing: customised; contact us for more information
Installation – Fitting
Purpose-made doors help you save money when it comes to the finish, as the doorframe is tailored to the opening. It is first attached mechanically using metal brackets (fitting clamps) before being completely filled with concrete, thereby providing maximum protection against heavy-duty use, vandalism, fire and noise.
This system enables several door and frame items to be assembled in a single unit.
Contact us for advice for any specific situation. We may have already tried out your solution.
Thanks to Metal + Inside technology, Heinen sliding doors require minimal maintenance and can be easily repaired without having to go ahead and replace completely the whole door set, which is a time-consuming task.
In fact, the cover plates are not welded, but assembled by screwing them to the internal frame, enabling you to replace only the plate(s) that have been damaged.
The cover plates have an original galvanised finish without any welding. This means that the internal doors cannot be painted, giving an attractive natural steel look.
In the case of fire-resisting doors, the intumescent product is incorporated invisibly into the door leaf. This ensures maximum protection for this fragile product against humidity and mechanical damage, and it is completely maintenance-free!
Securely attached to the door’s internal frame, the fittings (handles, pull handles) also require minimal maintenance thanks to their robust design.
Specific applications for Heinen METAL+ sliding doors
Metal + Inside is the basic quality concept for all Heinen products which are always purpose-made. Depending on the specific applications you have in mind for your doors, Heinen adapts them in terms of dimension, finishes and fittings, as well as protection features to be added to those already integrated into Metal+ Inside.
Large-size external sliding door
Large-size internal fire-resisting sliding door
Stainless steel internal fire-resisting sliding door for kitchen
And plenty of other applications…